Two awards have been instituted by the Cameroonian Society of Ophthalmology to reward residents and young ophthalmologists.
It rewards an original research work of a resident presented during the Cameroonian Society of Ophthalmology (CSO) annual congress.
- All residents who are members of the CSO.
- Young ophthalmologists who are not yet officially admitted as senior members of the CSO.
- Supervisor: President of the CSO
- President: Chairman of the Scientific Committee
- Members: 2 members of the Scientific Committee designated by the Chairman of the said committee and 2 members of the CSO designated by the President of the CSO.
- The first amongst the contestants receives the ELLA Award This award was instituted in memory and honor of Dr. ELLA Guy Patrick. He was a brilliant resident who deceased in 2012 following a motor vehicle accident along the Kribi-Yaounde road while returning from a meeting of the Cameroonian Association of Ophthalmology Residents (CAOR), of which he was President.
- The second receives the President’s Award
V. Award presentation
- It will be done solemnly during the gala evening that will be organized during the annual congress
VI. Scoring guide
|2||Relevance||4||In relation to the theme||4/4|
|3||« SMART » Objectives||8||Yes||8/8|
|Not at all||2/8|
|5||Conclusions||4||In relation to objectives||4/4|
|Less likely related||2/4|
|6||Quality of slides||8||Spacious||/2|
|7||Quality of presentation||10||Appearance||/2|
|Use of pointer||/2|
|Interaction with the audience||/4|